[ This post is sponsored by Kidizen; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own.]
When I first learned about Kidizen, I was immediately intrigued. A marketplace community where moms can buy and sell children’s clothing directly from/to other parents??! It was a concept that seemed too good to be true, so I decided to give Kidizen a try for myself to see if it could live up to the hype. My verdict? I absolutely loved it!
- The app is easy to download, visually appealing, and user-friendly. I’m a huge fan of Etsy, but Kidizen felt much easier to navigate.
2. If you love Instagram filters, you’ll love Kidizen filters even more! To make your shopping more manageable, the app allows you to choose a product category (i.e. clothing, shoes, accessories, and books & toys), as well as specify the size, brand(s), price range, and condition (new with tag, new without tag, excellent, very good, good, and play) that you’re interested in. These filters can even be saved for future use!
3. I also love Kidizen’s fast turnaround time and prompt customer service. I had a minor hiccup with a store that didn’t respond to my messages after failing to ship my order out in time for me to meet a deadlines. I was a bit nervous about the refund process, but Kidizen gave me a refund as soon as I requested it, AND sent me a little gift for the mishap. The process was seamless. I know very well that online shopping transactions can sometimes be stressful, but I’m here to tell you that no money will be lost here!
4. Kidizen is a community that connects moms with similar interests and styles. I’ve seen moms on this platform form friendships by promoting each others stores, It’s kind of like an Instagram mom community, but one that helps each other make money! I love that Kidizen is about #communityovercompetition.
5. Shipping is already included in the listing price–so no need to spend extra $$ on shipping costs!
6. Moms on this app have great taste. Think of it as a pre-curated selection of children’s clothing. A lot of moms here sell clothes from Rylee & Cru, Crew & Lu, June & January, Janie and Jack, and Baby Gap, but at much lower prices! I’ve included the shops I’ve had the pleasure of purchasing from under every photo.
Now, let me tell you a little about the process of selling as well. For full disclosure, I haven’t yet opened up a shop (although I will let you know when I do!), but I did read through all the user reviews to get a general consensus regarding the selling experience.
7. People can “follow” your shop and “favorite” items that they like for easy reference. This “bookmarking” tool increases the likelihood of your items being seen and purchased.
8. Shipping is so easy! Because Kidizen already calculates the shipping cost into your listing price, when you sell an item, all you need to do is print out a shipping label and send!
9. The Kidizen app handles the entire checkout process, and invoicing is taken care of as soon as the buyer checks out. You’ll see your money in your PayPal account immediately!
10. The people behind this app care about every user’s experience. I read so many reviews about moms having reached out for different reasons and receiving prompt responses, with issues being resolved right away. This aligns with my own experience.
Remember the $200 gift card to Kidizen that I mentioned in my Instagram post? If you download the app from now until August 4th, you have a chance to win! Click here to download the app and make sure to create an account for a valid entry! Feel free to ask me any questions you have about Kidizen; I’d be happy to answer them!
Maddie says, “Happy Tuesday! Thanks for reading. Hope your day is a good one!”